[Zope-dev] zope3docs -> zopeframework?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Mar 4 14:50:38 EST 2009

Hi there,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Dan Korostelev <nadako at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip
> Well, that docs are currently not necessarily about the "zope
> framework" (as far as I understood what's "zope framework" now), but
> more about general development guidelines applied to any package in
> zope svn (except the "migration" section, maybe), but I personally
> don't have any objections, as it's still easy to find those docs and
> that's the most important. :-)

I think following the Zope Framework model we should make these
documents just apply to the source files in the Zope Framework, and
let them serve as an example for other files. There's nobody who can
*enforce* compliance though. Besides, lots of those guidelines won't
apply to Zope 2 code anyway as far as I know.

Well, there is a group that could force compliance for the entire
repository, and that's the Zope Foundation (soon), but they care only
about a few basic things.

Regards,

Martijn