[Zope-dev] trying out the buildout-based Zope 2.12...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 17:53:18 EDT 2009

Paul Winkler wrote:
> Well, yeah. The point of the suggestion was specifically to help you
> get more info about the dependency chain, since pip is more verbose
> about that than easy_install is.

Well, running buildout -vvvvv gives some good clues, a piece of which is
this:

Getting required 'zope.app.security'
   required by zope.app.publication 3.5.1.
   required by zope.app.component 3.6.0.
   required by zope.app.testing 3.6.0.
We have the best distribution that satisfies 'zope.app.security'.
Picked: zope.app.security = 3.7.0

Okay, cute, but WHY is 3.7.0 being picked, rather than the 3.6.0 that's
nailed down in zope2 2.12.0a1's setup.py?!

These:

zope.app.publication 3.5.1.
zope.app.component 3.6.0.
zope.app.testing 3.6.0.

...are all in the 2.12.0a1 setup.py..

...and none of them specify any version for zope.app.security, so again,
I'm left wondering why buildout is picking zope.app.security 3.7.0 in
direct contradiction to the 3.6.0 specced in zope2 2.12.0a1's setup.py?

cheers,

Chris