[Zope-dev] trying out the buildout-based Zope 2.12...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 18:07:16 EDT 2009

Chris Withers wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
>> Well, yeah. The point of the suggestion was specifically to help you
>> get more info about the dependency chain, since pip is more verbose
>> about that than easy_install is.
>
> Well, running buildout -vvvvv gives some good clues, a piece of which is
> this:
>
> Getting required 'zope.app.security'
>    required by zope.app.publication 3.5.1.
>    required by zope.app.component 3.6.0.
>    required by zope.app.testing 3.6.0.
> We have the best distribution that satisfies 'zope.app.security'.
> Picked: zope.app.security = 3.7.0
>

> Okay, cute, but WHY is 3.7.0 being picked, rather than the 3.6.0 that's
> nailed down in zope2 2.12.0a1's setup.py?!

Off the back of this, I changed the buildout.cfg to be the following:
[buildout]
parts = zopetest
versions = versions

[versions]
zope.app.security=3.6.0

[zopetest]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
interpreter = py
eggs =
   zope2

...and we got much further. So, this has gotta be a buildout bug, right?

cheers,

Chris

PS: Even with the above, the next barf is:

Error: There is a version conflict.
We already have: zope.component 3.5.1
but zope.authentication 3.7.0 requires 'zope.component>=3.6.0'.

Interestingly, zope.authentication *isn't* listed in zope2 2.12.0a1's
setup.y. I guess it should be?