[Zope-dev] dropping Python 2.4 support in the Zope Toolkit?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 5 06:41:37 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 11:55, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> We've had some more discussions about this and the Plone release
> schedule. The upshot is that if Zope 3/Toolkit drops Python 2.4 support,
> it will effectively render it inaccessible to Plone users for the next
> 12-18 months. We're not comfortable moving to Zope 2.12 for the 3.x
> series. We may be able to move to Zope 2.11, which *may* work with
> Python 2.5, but this is not clear.

Can you expand on this argument, because I don't understand it. Zope
2.10 doesn't stop working because Zope 2.12 no longer supports Python
2.4. And you are not expected to use Zope Toolkit with Zope 2.10, as
Zope 2.10 uses Zope 3.3 rather than Zope Toolkit.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64