[Zope-dev] dropping Python 2.4 support in the Zope Toolkit?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed May 6 04:45:23 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 09:55, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> No, I need to use some later versions of some packages than included in
> Zope 2.10 to be able to use things like z3c.form and dexterity.

Well, mixing versions and using versions of packages that differ
several years in release dat will always be possible, but "on your own
risk" so to speak.

We do seem to have reached the conclusion now that 2.4 support should
continue and be handled by 2.4 buildbots, which is good. But as a
principle we can't expect zope.anything from 2009 to work with
zope.everything from 2006, even if both run under Python 2.4 (Which is
why we have KGS's). Keeping that sort of compatibility is going to be
more work than keeping 2.4 compatibility, and is practically
untestable in the general case (but well testable in the specific
case, of course).

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64