[Zope-dev] zope.app.publication dependencies (volunteersneeded!)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed May 20 14:55:14 EDT 2009

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> It might actually be the best to move these ZCML directives *down* into
>> zope.component. That won't affect the dependencies of zope.component at
>> all in fact; the [zcml] dependencies of zope.component already need all
>> the dependencies that zope.app.component's view and resource directives
>> implement.
>
> I see that zope.component now relies fairly heavily on the setuptools
> "extras_require", which makes the proposed move possible.  At what point
> did we decide extras_require is good?  Just curious.

We didn't. This extras_requires has been in there for a long time, as
the other ZCML statements are already defined in it.

In the past I proposed pulling out the ZCML statement implementations
from zope.component into something like zope.componentzcml, or
zcml.component or whatnot. That could still happen, if we can find some
consensus.

Regards,

Martijn