[Zope-dev] package dependency refactoring progress report

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon May 25 04:58:09 EDT 2009

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I'm not sure about zope.rest; there's already a z3c.rest which likely
> does something quite different, and I think a "zope.rest" package should
> actually *talk* about REST. What about "zope.httpview" instead?

Well, no, I don't think it's generic enough to call that.  zope.app.http
is almost a webdav implementation, except I'm not sure it implements
enough to actually work with most webdav clients.

> Another note, I think we should consider splitting off
> zope.app.publisher.xmlrpc, which looks quite independent from the rest,
> into its own package. So:
>
> zope.app.publisher -> zope.view, zope.xmlrpcview

I've pondered this split before, but AFAICT it would only increase the
number of dependencies, so I've been waiting for the graph to shrink
before talking about it.

Shane