[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.http/trunk/ - Replaced thedependency on zope.deprecation with BBB imports

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed May 27 05:38:54 EDT 2009

On 2009-05-26, Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
> Some people think it's better to have a nice clean log then
> deprecation warnings on server startup. I still don't understand
> the reason if there is any. Probably others can explain why we
> skip the deprecation warnings which is a hugh win for migration
> tasks.

Main reason: often you get buried in deprecation warnings which then drown out
potentially more important warnings.

When migrating: yes, such deprecation warnings are handy.  But in 99% of the
cases you'll just be *using* the various libraries and you still get a load of
warnings.

Complaints/questions about the huge list of deprecation warnings in earlier
plone versions were a regular occurrence on the mailinglists.

So: yes, there's a reason.  Perhaps not the best one, but still.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org
Software developer at http://www.thehealthagency.com