[Zope-dev] Zope 2.12: mkzopeinstance, runzope and zopectl - a small proposal

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Oct 5 20:34:08 EDT 2009

(updating myself much much later)

Chris Withers wrote:
>>> Sure it does. I've published the recipe. There's no more needed than
>>> that...
>>
>> Your recipe is not published as part of Zope 2.12.
>
> I'm not sure it needs to...

It will be once Jens cranks the handle:

http://svn.zope.org/Zope/branches/2.12/doc/INSTALL.rst?rev=104817&view=auto

>> And it doesn't work on Windows.
>
> Have you tried it?

...if you had, you would have noticed that the Win32 service stuff as
broken, even without using buildout.

I've now fixed that, and I'm happy to report that the buildout-based
instances work just fine on Windows, and buildout instance or not, you
no longer need that silly zopeservice.py file in your instance.

So, no excuse for needing mkzopeinstance and its ilk anymore ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk