[Zope-dev] allow-picked-versions=false in ztk.cfg?

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Oct 8 09:07:01 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> If we do that, I'd also suggest we use the 'buildout.dumppickedversions'
>>   extension.
>
> Does that make sense? After all, if we say allow-picked-version is
> false, there never will *be* any picked versions to dump. Or am I
> misunderstanding something?

It doesn't make sense. With "allow-picked-version = false" you will
always get an error telling you which package and which version has
been picked but wasn't pinned. Once your build succeeds
buildout.dumppickedversions jumps in and will always present you with
an empty list.

Given that buildout.dumppickedversions is GPL whose use is
questionable in svn.zope.org, I'd just stick with using
allow-picked-version in buildout.cfg.

Hanno