[Zope-dev] five.localsitemanager and unregisterUtility

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Mon Oct 19 11:11:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:41:14 +0200
Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:

> Hi Sylvain.

  Hello,

> >   I volunteer myself to add test (and fix it) in the SVN, as I need
> >   that fix.
> >
> >   Does anyone have an objection with that ?
>
> No objection, please go ahead.

  I added test for unregisterUtility, and fix the bug I encounter,
  which happens only for utilities which inherit from Aquisition, and
  have a physical path.

> >   Does any official maintainer will do a release (1.1.1, as it will
> > be a bug fix) afterwards ?
>
> Sure, ping me once you are done and I'll cut a new release. Michael,
> do you want to test anything, before I do a new release?

  If you have time, I guess it's ready for a release.

> >   (of course, the trunk will need to be fixed if the same problem is
> >   present, and no, I do not want to use the trunk, but the 1.x
> > branch).
>
> There were some changes to the registerUtility code on trunk
> (incorporating bug fixes from zope.component), but these had to do
> with re-registering utilities and the implicit unregister that happens
> during that.
>
> As unregisterUtility is still not overridden, I suspect the same
> problem still exits and your tests should show that.

  Actually, I didn't need to override the unregisterUtility method
  (which is better), I fixed the issue by adding a comparison one to the
  wrapper (and this should work with all versions of zope.component
  like this).

  Best regards,

  Sylvain,

--