[Zope-dev] vocabularies missing wihtout zope.app.schema

Patrick Gerken do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 21 21:19:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 17:52, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Roger <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
>> The zope.componentvocabulary package defines some
>> basic vocabulary (factory) classes. Probably we
>> should move the zope/app/schema/vocabulary.py
>> to this package as registry.py.
>
> If it doesn't introduce new dependencies, that sounds good.

Hi,

with the newest plone4 beta there is an empty vocabulary registry
because no package imports zope.app.schema any longer.

I am not sure if the registry from zope.app.schema belongs to
zope.componentvocabulary. After all zope.componentvocabulary
provides vocabularies for components while zope.app.schema
replaces the current, non component based registry
with his own one.

How about moving the code into zope.schema and make it
the default registry if zope.component is available?

Best regards,

        Patrick