[Zope-dev] vocabularies missing wihtout zope.app.schema

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Wed Jul 21 21:30:22 EDT 2010

On 7/21/10 6:19 PM, Patrick Gerken wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 17:52, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Roger <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
>>
>>> The zope.componentvocabulary package defines some
>>> basic vocabulary (factory) classes. Probably we
>>> should move the zope/app/schema/vocabulary.py
>>> to this package as registry.py.
>>>
>> If it doesn't introduce new dependencies, that sounds good.
>>
> Hi,
>
> with the newest plone4 beta there is an empty vocabulary registry
> because no package imports zope.app.schema any longer.
>
> I am not sure if the registry from zope.app.schema belongs to
> zope.componentvocabulary. After all zope.componentvocabulary
> provides vocabularies for components while zope.app.schema
> replaces the current, non component based registry
> with his own one.
>
> How about moving the code into zope.schema and make it
> the default registry if zope.component is available?

I ran into this yesterday. It is already fixed in lastest Zope 2.12 and
Plone trunk (thanks Hanno). The vocab registry that looks up
vocabularies as components is now located in Products.Five.schema (to
avoid depending on zope.app.schema). For tests it is now initialized in
latest Products.PloneTestCase.
David
David Glick
 Web Developer