[Zope-dev] Stop energy

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Mar 3 13:58:47 EST 2010

On 3/3/10 12:58 PM, Christian Theune wrote:

> I think there is some relevant and important desire that Chris has which
> actually overlaps with some of thoughts I had lately: organizing the
> currently 65 packages into categories where larger chunks of packages
> make sense of being used together to socially encourage re-use doesn't
> seem bad to me.

Yay.

>> Or is Chris' characterization of my disagreement with him
>> as "beating" negative feedback. This seems more appropriate to me, but
>> I'm not sure what you mean.
>
> Hmm. I do understand why Chris responded that way, I'm not sure it had
> to be in response to your post, but I guess that was because your post
> came in second, otherwise it may have hit Martijn (yet again). But also
> I'm not going to analyze Chris' feelings sitting over here in my room ... ;)

"There's no crying in software" really, how I feel is irrelevant.  ;-)  I do
wish every mention of change or even something just marginally outside the
scope of what is normally discussed here wouldn't be quite as immediately and
thoroughly stomped upon.

I think it would be useful to have a discussion about grouping some Zope bits
along functional lines for marketing purposes.  This is really independent of
any discussion about the ZTK.

- C