[Zope-dev] zope.contentprovider not useable together with Zope 2.13.4

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Feb 15 09:10:43 EST 2011

Hi.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Michael Howitz <mh at gocept.com> wrote:
> I tracked this down to Zope2/App/exclude.zcml where the meta.zcml of the package zope.browserpage gets excluded.
> Sadly this ZCML file defines the expressiontype directive.
>
> What is the current way to use zope.contentprovider in a Zope2 environment?

Hhm, I wasn't aware that this was possible at all so far. I thought we
only made zope.viewlet available in Zope2 via Products.Five.viewlet.

> I had the following idea to fix this issue:
>
> * move the registration of the directive from meta.zcml into meta-expressiontype.zcml
> * include meta-expressiontype.zcml of zope.browserpage
> * include meta-expressiontype.zcml in our project to get around the exclusion of Zope2
>
> Are there any better ideas?

I think you need a five.contentprovider package for this to work correctly.

The expressiontype function in zope.browerpage.metaconfigure uses
zope.pagetemplate.engine.Engine.registerType.
zope.pagetemplate.engine.Engine is a module global, but the wrong one
in a Zope 2 context.

To get the correct TAL engine in Zope 2, you need to call
Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.getEngine, which returns a module
global from that module. Otherwise you get a wrong context. The
trusted version is accessible via
Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.getEngine. You can then call
registerType on both of these engines.

Also note that you need to use
Products.Five.pagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile to register
templates. The ZCML directives available in Zope 2 use that one. The
zope.pagetemplate based classes don't work correctly inside Zope 2.

Hanno