[Zope-dev] zope.contentprovider not useable together with Zope 2.13.4

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Wed Feb 16 04:18:07 EST 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:46:11 +0100
Michael Howitz <mh at gocept.com> wrote:

> Hi,

  Hello,

> we are upgrading a customers project from Zope 2.11.x to Zope 2.13.4.
> In this project the expression type "provider" of zope.contenttype is
> used. But loading the configure.zcml of zope.contentprovider fails
> with:
>
> ConfigurationError: ('Unknown directive',
> u'http://namespaces.zope.org/tales', u'expressiontype')
>
> I tracked this down to Zope2/App/exclude.zcml where the meta.zcml of
> the package zope.browserpage gets excluded. Sadly this ZCML file
> defines the expressiontype directive.
>
> What is the current way to use zope.contentprovider in a Zope2
> environment?

  I got the same bug in five.grok. I struggled for a while, it is
  weird, because if you include the correct meta ZCML to have
  expressiontype defined, it still doesn't work.

  I fixed my problem with:

  <!-- ZCML of this package fails in Zope 2.13 for strange reason -->
  <exclude package="zope.contentprovider" />

  And including Products.Five. contentprovider were working
  like before afterwards.

  If you find a better solution, I would be happy to know it (reading
  Hanno reply makes sense).

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--