[Zope-dev] Content Type Meta tag stripping in zope.pagetemplate

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Tue Mar 27 14:04:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> True but I think that the problem was largely of our own making in not
> coming up with "one, preferably only one" way of handling this. Re-reading
> Marius' post I was struck by the whole idea of the http-server transcoding
> the content on the fly.

Transcoding on the fly?

The page template generates Unicode; that's then encoded.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't be using Unicode as the internal representation?
Failure to do so would make it easy to get things wrong.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein