[Zope-dev] ZTK 1.0 lifetime

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue May 22 14:57:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:32 AM, Patrick Gerken <do3ccqrv at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Well, the question is, is there still a need for ztk 1.0 tests? If so,
> who are the consumers and for how long should we run the tests for
> 1.0?

Zope 2.13 is based on the ZTK 1.0. There's no version of Zope 2 that
uses ZTK 1.1 and a potential Zope 4 is aiming at a future ZTK 1.2
(currently ZTK master).

So from Zope 2's and Plone's perspective the ZTK 1.0 tests are vital
and should be supported for the next couple of years. The only
difference is that Zope 2 requires at least Python 2.6, so testing
Python 2.5 + ZTK 1.0 isn't required.

And this shouldn't be all too hard, as there's no major differences
between ZTK 1.0 and 1.1.

Hanno