[Zope-dev] Zope Toolkit - 2.0a1 released

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed May 1 13:15:54 UTC 2013

Hi.

I made a first alpha release of the current ZTK master, which
technically just means there's a stable version file at:

http://download.zope.org/zopetoolkit/index/2.0a1/ztk-versions.cfg

and an overview page at:

http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/releases/overview-2.0a1.html

I hope this will help people test their applications against it and
provide a first stepping stone to a feature freeze.

Currently the release claims compatibility with Python 2.6, 2.7 and
3.3, though the 3.3 support is pending the ZODB decisions.

Things that we'll need before we can call this beta:

- Release final 4.x versions for all the libraries that currently only
have an alpha release
- Wait on the ZODB decision, from a ZTK perspective we can live with
partial Python 3 support (as we don't provide it for RestrictedPython
either)
- Hope Tres gets bored and makes more libraries compatible with Python 3.2
- Preferably wait for some feedback from BlueBream / Grok / Zope 2
developers and their tests
- Decide what to do with the missing Python 3 toolchain libraries like
Paste, zc.resourcelibrary (as noted in a section in the versions file)

Cheers,
Hanno