[Zope-dev] ZCA for javascript

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed May 22 07:22:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Christopher Lozinski
<lozinski at freerecruiting.com> wrote:
> ZCA is very interesting stuff.
>
> I got a call today from a client who wants to do an extensible
> application in Javacript.
>
> I instantly thought, we could do ZCA in Javascript.  And while not many
> people likes ZODB servers, they all love Javascript clients.
>
> Has anyone done something like this?   Is anyone interested in doing
> something like this?
>
> What do you think????

Although I'm sure it is possible to make a generic component
architecture in Javascript I highly doubt that it makes sense. JS is
almost all about UI and DOM manipulation, and having something as
abstract as a generic component framework for that may be an
abstraction too far. So what you want is a framework for making
modular JS clients.

And there are tons and tons of modular frameworks for making front-end
apps in Javascript already. Creating another one probably doesn't make
any sense, at least not until you can explain exactly why you can't
use anyone of those that exist.

//Lennart