[Zope-dev] Zope4 and Plone

yuppie y.2016 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Oct 24 12:57:44 CEST 2016

Hi Philip,

Philip Bauer wrote:
> At the ploneconf-sprint in Boston we worked on getting Plone 5.1 (master) to run using the newest sources of Zope4 and ZTK. We already worked on this in February and got all the test to run. Currently we're working on making Plone compatible with the changes you did during the resurrection-sprint. We had to add some packages (like ZServer) and adapt to other changes (e.g. removed Globals package). We got as far as actually starting the Zope-instance and adding some items (no Plone-instance yet). ONce that is done we'll have to deal with the changes in zope.testbrowser and fix tests. It is work in progress and we'll not get there before we have to leave.

I tried something similar with CMF:

With some small setup and testing adjustments I managed to run all CMF
tests sucessfully on Zope revision
c8e4cd5ca030477e6d75605787ff20674de297ad (committed on 14 Aug).

After that a lot of code CMF depends on was removed. I didn't look into
all details, but

- removing the ZCacheable logic did break CachingPolicyManager and skins

- removing ZMI code did break all the TTW configuration forms for CMF
tools (fixing that looks like a lot of work)

Cheers,

	Yuppie