[Zope-PAS] Checked in the Challenge implementation.

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon Sep 27 07:31:45 EDT 2004

hi,

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 12:55, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> > Challenger can response.setHeader/Status like usual scripts in
> > publisher context if it returns something (if return value
> > is true) then the challengers output overwrites any currently
> > _setBody value. This way we could call multiple challengers
> > in turn, each can work on the headers and only the last
> > challenger which is interested in HTML output would win
> > on this part.
>
> That wouldn't take care of redirects. It also makes teh rules for
> implementing a challenger more complex. Now it is easy:

Sure it would :-) It would be either
response.setHeader("location","...")
response.setStatus("301") ...

or:
return response.redirect("...") which would set a body too.

> 1. Scribble on response to your own desire.
> 2. If you want to be last (that is, if you do a setBody or a redirect),
> return 1.

Well I think it would make developement of challenge
plugins more easy and straigt forward instead of
having to call obscure interfaces.

If returning 1 means The plugin set a body
how to proceed with other plugins that
come after it? Will they be called?
And if not - why? And if - why returning 1
in the first place when nobody cares?

Hm. :-)