[Zope-PAS] Checked in the Challenge implementation.

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed Sep 29 05:41:30 EDT 2004

Mark Hammond wrote:
> As quoted, my proposal *does* avoid interaction between challenge/response
> and redirect based challengers.

I don't agree that it does. It also adds complexity, but not
functionality, which is always a bad thing.

> Is it not clear that I need HTTP and other challenge/response mechanisms to
> interact (at the site admins discretion), or is it still not clear that they
> do not interact correctly?

To clear some things up:
- A challenge mechanism and a plugin is not the same thing.
- A redirect to a login-page is a challenge.

You requested that different *plugins* should be able to interact. That
was your request. It is not clear that you need it, but I thought it
might be a neat idea. However, during the discussion we have had over
the last week, I now agree with you and Tino: This is to complicated.

So: I don't think you should have plugins interact. It gives you a
headache and makes me stressed and my back tense, and none of us want
that. Instead you write ONE challenge plugin, that does everything you
want it to. Ignore the other plugins, and be sure to return 1 when you
are finished.

My support for challenge plugins interacting with each other is hereby
officially dropped. Of course, the code still support it, but it is now
regarded as bad programming. ;)

Have a nice day!
//Lennart