[Zope-PAS] Re: Multiple principals with the same ID

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Dec 1 13:48:09 EST 2005

Previously Tres Seaver wrote:
> We aren't "enforcing" anything:  the plugin can't fulfill its own
> contract (in this case, to return a list of (id, title) tuples) if the
> user has screwed up by configuring the other plugins that way.

If multiple principals share have the same id you will still fulfill the
contract; the only difference is that with this patch you will see the
title from the first one and ignore titles from the others. This is ok
since we still show all ids.

For some background: I needed this patch to be able to use groups from
an active directory environment in a site. That gave me two groups
called 'Administrators': the standard Zope one and the one that comes
in via active directory.

Wichert.