[Zope-PAS] question about user.getProperty()

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Oct 7 18:42:21 EDT 2005

On 7 Oct 2005, at 16:24, Rocky Burt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to wrap my head on how the traditional user.getProperty
> ('someProperty') call works particularly with reference to PAS (and
> ultimately PlonePaS).
>
> I see that my new PAS property plugin is providing a propertysheet
> for my member (in this case my plugin has id, 'source_properties')
> so that I can see someMember.getPropertysheet('source_properties')
> comes back with my sheet.  But how would I get
> someMember.getProperty('someProperty') to return
> someMember.getPropertysheet('source_properties').getProperty
> ('someProperty') ?
>
> Bottom line is I can't find how getProperty() is being issued
> anyplace.

AFAIK getProperty for a user object does not exist in this form. You
have to get the propertysheet and then the property.

jens

P.S.: Please don't confuse "member" and "user". "user" is what the
userfolder creates. "member" is a CMF/Plone thing only, it represents
a user wrapped in a member data wrapper. So if you're asking
specifically about "member" then you need to make the memberdata
class' "getProperty" as intelligent as you need yourself.