[Zope-PAS] Re: question about user.getProperty()

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Sun Oct 9 13:45:13 EDT 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> AFAIK getProperty for a user object does not exist in this form. You
> have to get the propertysheet and then the property.
>
> jens
>
> P.S.: Please don't confuse "member" and "user". "user" is what the
> userfolder creates. "member" is a CMF/Plone thing only, it represents  a
> user wrapped in a member data wrapper. So if you're asking  specifically
> about "member" then you need to make the memberdata  class'
> "getProperty" as intelligent as you need yourself.

Ah yes, this was very much a problem of mine.  The "item" I was using
was actually the "user" from the security manager.  This type of user
only has the member data as property sheets.  But in my use-case, where
I'm using this in a Plone environment, I can use the portal_memberdata
(or was it portal_mebership?) tool to get the current "member" which is
indeed a wrapped user.  And this member has a "getProperty" which indeed
checks all propertysheets to retrieve the property you asked for.  So
all is well.

Thanks.

- Rocky

--