[Zope-PAS] proposal: IUserAdder plugins

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Fri May 4 14:54:59 EDT 2007

I seem to be generating a sizable proportion of the traffic on this
list!  Apologies in advance for another email...

My use case is as follows:

I have a zope website, a php forum and blog that make up my site, each
with their own user databases.  Whenever users register through the zope
site (I have removed links so they cannot register elsewhere), I want to
create corresponding user accounts for them in the database for the
forum and the blog.

However, when a user is created, PAS runs through all the plugins
implementing the IUserAdder interface, but once a plugin indicates that
it created a user, it proceeds no further.

I was expecting it to pass the details onto all the plugins, to give
each a chance to create any additional information the plugin needs, and
to avoid having to produce a succession of plugins.  In the same way
that the properties plugins each get to provide a separate property
sheet, rather than just returning the first one.

I would like to change this so all IUserAdder plugins get a chance to
fire - does anyone have an opinion on it?

Thanks,

Miles