[ZWeb] Fwd: Comments on product page

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:56:46 +0200

----- Forwarded message from Guido Sohne <guido@webstar.com.gh> -----

From: "Guido Sohne" <guido@webstar.com.gh>
To: "Martijn Pieters" <mj@digicool.com>
Subject: Re: corrupted data for webstar product
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:46:07 -0000

renaming url_manager back to webstar was successful and got the problems
resolved. All is working now!

Can you also change the product listing page so that the download zope info
and the digicool products do not appear in the "next xx items" listings ?
When I click the next items link I expect to go straight to the next items
in the list of Member Contributed Products! You may want to do this with a
named anchor ...

Best approach of all would be to split off the Member Contributed Products
entirely into its own area for maximum future flexibility. Zope or Digicool
specific products or promotional products could appear in a call out box or
side bar just like one is advertising cool Zope products in the listing of
Zope products. Also one needs to be able to go through the list by member,
by type of product etc. The number of products is large enough now that you
need a hierarchy rather than a search engine style listing!

The current approach makes me scroll too much as the member contributions
change more often than the digicool ones, hence I just ignore the list of
digicool products and go straight to the member products.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Martijn Pieters