[ZWeb] Use of Zope for an application

Rebecca Stidolph rstidolph@austin.rr.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:26:35 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFE158.4D543880

I'm working on a Client / Server game.  My plan is to write the Game =
code on the server in Python and use Zope as the persistent database =
solution and interface to the server.  The game objects will probably be =
based on C++ objects and I was considering using SOAP as the transport =
for all non-high traffic messages between the server and the client =
(high volume messages will probably have to go UDP).  For UI I was think =
DHTML with a Windows application using IE 5.5 embedded in it.

This is a high level look at what I was considering and I am looking for =
advice and opinions - especially in regards to Zope or other =
alternatives.  I know the magnatude of the project - I do have some =
others to help, but I am the only one with actual game development =
experience.

The game code WILL be Open Source and is primarily to teach myself and =
others some new technology with a intereasting purpose.

Thanks in advance,

David Stidolph.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFE158.4D543880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm working on a Client / Server =
game.&nbsp; My=20
plan is to write the Game code on the server in Python and use Zope as =
the=20
persistent database solution and interface to the server.&nbsp; The game =
objects=20
will probably be based on C++ objects and I was considering using SOAP =
as the=20
transport for all non-high traffic messages between the server and the =
client=20
(high volume messages will probably have to go UDP).&nbsp; For UI I was =
think=20
DHTML with a Windows application using IE 5.5 embedded in =
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This is a high level look at what I was =
considering=20
and I am looking for advice and opinions - especially in regards to Zope =
or=20
other alternatives.&nbsp; I know the magnatude of the project - I do =
have some=20
others to help, but I am the only one with actual game development=20
experience.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The game code WILL be Open Source and =
is primarily=20
to teach myself and others some new technology with a intereasting=20
purpose.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>David =
Stidolph.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFE158.4D543880--