[ZWeb] getting it done

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 17:33:37 -0500

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 01:01:10PM -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:
> I propose we use collector.zope.org/Zope with a new keyword
> of "zope.org" (and some new Assigned To people).  (It's possible that
> we'll need to improve the CMFCollector along the way, but I hope not.)
> If someone proposes something else, they need to also volunteer to setup
> and administer such a beastie.

I think we should not use a kewyord on the Zope collector. Tres and I
already have inventorized and talked about Zope.org trackers. There already
is a new.zope.org Tracker at:

  http://dev.zope.org/Projects/nzot

and there is a tracker for the current Zope.org tracker at:

  http://www.zope.org/Tracker

Both these trackers will go away after new.zope.org is done and moved to
www.zope.org. I want them to be replaced with a new Collector at
collector.zope.org, one especially for the ZOpe.org website.

For now, I think that the new.zope.org tracker is more than sufficient for
the task at hand. I can always add supporters to that one.

> Second, we need to setup our communications facilities.  We need to know
> who is participating, there email address, and what they're working on.
>  In fact, we need to decide who's the Grand Poobah.  Volunteers?  I
> propose that we use this mailing list for email discussion, that we
> setup IRC appointments to haggle, and "some" collector to track issues.

Agreed. This is exactly what this mailinglist was set up for. As for IRC, we
can set up a new channel, if #zope is too busy at the time of a meeting. We
don't want to impose on innocent bystanders, of course. :)

> Next, we need to decide where the code is going to live and be shared.
> I propose that this should be cvs.zope.org, though this would mean the
> volunteers execute contributor agreements.  Alternatives are suggested
> (e.g. SF).

Indeed, we'll have to move the current CVS code out to somewhere more
accessible.

> Next, I assert that the "will of the people" has spoken and is asking
> for an improved fishbowl.  We should make that one of the first items on
> the agenda.
>
> Perhaps in conjunction with "Improved Fishbowl", we tackle skins.  We
> need to get Plone into a shared area and start converting the existing
> new.zope.org screens -- unless there is a desire to scrap new.zope.org
> and start over. (Please, no....:^)

Aaargh! Don't let Tres hear that.. Oh, and don't let Andrew hear that
either, because he would agree all too readily to scrap the code. :)

--
Martijn Pieters