[ZWeb] Fwd: IDEA

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:35:23 -0500

On Friday 14 December 2001 04:00 pm, Ken Manheimer allegedly wrote:
> I like this idea, too!  (I somehow missed the original, or it didn't quite
> register.)  I think it would be additionally cool to have notifications
> about new items posted to a mailling list - so people could see them show.
> I'm not sure whether we could just create a pseudo-user with the mailling
> list address as its email preference, but then have to deal with
> notifcations about handling of the items, as they're marked off by the
> people compiling them.  An option would be to slightly change the
> collector to enable particular addresses for particular item transitions.
>
> That would be easy to implement, and seems a lot less kludgy...
>
> What do you think?  In any case, we should provide a collector for the
> news...

Sounds good. The original message was just to me, so I forwarded it to the
list, which is why you didn't see it before.

I've got my nose in some core coding at the moment, besides the fact that I
need to *write* another news installment sometime soon. Anyone care to
volunteer some time to get this rolling? If not it'll need to wait until I'm
done with my core stuff...

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org