[ZWeb] Filtering spam from the zope lists

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:13:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Andrew Sawyers wrote:

> I think it's one alternative; the other being someway to refuse accepting
> mail from known relay/spam sites.  I don't know the workings of our list
> system, but it shouldn't be tough to do this, either in the mailhandler
> (i.e. postfix) or the listmanager (MailMan).  I know when I would admin
> sites using sendmail, I could setup a hash table of sites I would refuse
> mail from.  This is not the greatest solution, but one which works if the
> relay site or spammer utilizes a host or domain often enough.  It just seems

I think it's a great idea to look at using blacklist filtering - support
the fight against spam!  And all mailman versions make it easy to identify
"suspicious" headers, for messages to be held for approval.  I'm all
for both of these avenues.  I'd also be interested to see the amount of
impedence we'd hit using the restricting-to-members constraint, but
suspect it'd require too much admin intervention for even moderate-traffic
lists.

Ken