[ZWeb] wiki html option

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:45:59 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Andy McKay wrote:

> I dont seem to have a html display option in the wiki... that's a very
> useful format.

Not sure what you mean by "html display option".  If you're looking for
support for HTML formatted content, it's there in the default mode,
structuredtext.  (The standard TextFormattingRules page mentions this.
And the table on RegulatingYourPages is an example...)

That said, there's some benefit to avoiding stuff that looks like code in
your pages - even html.  There are *lots* of non-web folks who have no
idea what to make of html - even many web folks only ever see some WYSIWYG
pagemaker interfaces.  They'll be thwarted when they need to edit pages
that have substantial html on them.  This is why we play down the use of
html on our wiki pages...

Ken
klm@digicool.com