[ZWeb] new.zope.org

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:03:28 +0100

Some comments on the New Zope.org site:

Firstly I welcome the idea of using CMF for Zope.org, I think it shows a
degree of trust in what is the flagship of our fleet of products. I am sure
the look&feel is going to be addressed at some stage (I hope it will).

* The Software Product object needs an "Edit" link, (The swproduct_edit
method is there but calls a method that I raises unauthorized).

* Maybe I am being dense, but many of my products have multiple versions,
all except the oldest appear to be marked "Unreleased" I can find no control
to trigger the releasing process.

* Where should the release history/change log go now?

* The Product Type has been changed from a multi-select to a single-select
list, but many of the most useful products are those that span multiple type
and pull them all together... Just a thought

* To what extent will members be able to influence the look&feel of their
areas? A folder with several products, related news articles and maybe some
usage tips will rapidly become a mess of impenetrable text

There was talk of scripting many moons ago, and it was suggested that it
could be enabled on a case by case basis. How does one apply or who does one
ask for this functionality? It would be very nice to start getting my
products_xml script running, as without it I can't release the next patchkit
as it relies on it... I don't want to drop users in it...

Adrian...
--
The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious
into the direct, and misfortune into gain.