[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: help with index_html

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 17:28:01 -0500

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:36:02PM -0500, Alistair Campbell (via www.zope.org) wrote:
> Hi. Don't know if you can help. I can't find the email for the Webmaster.

The webmasters can be reached at webmaster@zope.org; but you got to the
right place anyway.

> This is a newbie question. No index_html was created in my membership
> folder so I made one with a DTML Document. I have requested that this, and
> other pages, be reviewed to be a public resource. So, when I go to my
> http://www.zope.org/.../members/planix address I just get the barebones
> index_html. Is this just because it hasn't been published as a public
> resource or have I done something wrong in trying to set up my index_html
> page?

Note that you do not need to request cataloging for your pages to be
visible. Cataloging is only required for items that need to show up in
certain categories (like downloadable products and how-tos), and need to be
findable in a general search.

If you create content that you feels is useful to the general Zope
community, see if you can fit it in one of those content types (like a HowTo
or a Tip).

--
Martijn Pieters