[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Welcome to Zope.org

John Kuster jkuster@aol.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:03:57 -0500

Good morning,

I'm a Zope newbie and I'm looking for some help.  I'm attempting to install MySQL-python-0.9.0 as part of Zope-2.4.3.  I'm running Zope on a Pentium 166 with Red Hat 7.1.
I have installed Distutils-1.0.2 in the /lib/python/Products directory.  I have mysql (client) installed on this machine.  The server (mysqld) is installed on another machine on the network.

I successfully unpacked MySQL-python-0.9.0.  I then went to
execute the build command by typing: python setup.py build

Upon executing the command I got a number of messages that ended with:

running build_ext
building 'mysql' extension
gcc -g 02 -fPIC -I/usr/include/mysql -I/usr/include/pyhton1.5 -c _mysql.c -o build/temp.linux-i586-1.5/_mysql.o
_mysql.c:41:19 mysql.h No such file or directory
_mysql.c:42:26 mysqld_error.h: No such file or directory
_mysql.c:43:20: errmsg.h: No such file or directory

I'm wondering if someone can give me some insight as to what this means, and how I should proceed to install the driver?

Thanks for your time.

John Kuster
jkuster@aol.com

This email was generated from the Zope.org feedback form
It was invoked from a link on http://www.zope.org