[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: What Is Zope?

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:35:05 -0500

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 02:39:02AM -0500, Caitlin wrote:
> It looks like the first like (appwatch.com) on
> http://www.zope.org/Tour/ar01s02.html is no longer a functioning
> Zope-driven site.  Just thought you might like to know since it makes a
> less than ideal first impression.  (And this is my first time here!)
>
> Also, if you click on the "Feedback to this page's author" page on the
> main page (http://www.zope.org) you get a page that says "This action does
> not make sense in this location."  (I was looking for a place to feedback
> since there is no feedback link on the tour pages.)

Hi Caitlin,

Thanks for your feedback (and your perseverence in providing it)!

The tour pages are in a worse state that you realize. The recent economic
downturn has caused *all* sites linked from the tour pages to be closed, not
just AppWatch (whose loss I still morn).

For this reason the tour pages have been closed down and all links to it
have been removed, I fear you were (one of) the last to visit it. Only the
front page of the tour has a warning message on it though, and search
engines and external pages may still ink deepe r into the tour. Maybe we
should also remove those pages.

We are already working on a replacement for it.

Thanks for the heads-up!

--
Martijn Pieters