[ZWeb] FYI: New spotlight ready for review

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:17:19 -0600

MOVE FAST WHILE THERE IS STILL MOMENTUM ;-)

I just hooked up plone to email the zope-skins mailing list.
here is what I did.  First I used this recipe.

http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/991178206

I created a mail_skins Script in DCWorkflow.

parameters: sti
--- body of python script below --

obj=sti.object
if obj.portal_type=='News Item' and hasattr(obj, 'CookedBody'):
    mMsg = obj.CookedBody()
    mTo = "zope-skins@zope.org"
    mFrom = "runyaga@steprightup"
    mSubj = "plone.org News: " + obj.Title()
    context.MailHost.send(mMsg, mTo, mFrom, mSubj)

--- snip above ---

so now whenever a News Item is published on plone.org we
send it to the zope-skins mailing list.

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-skins/

this mailing list has been dead for a year.  might as well use it for
something.  I would use Zope-announce but that mailing list is
actually used and would take TIME to get buy-in from powers
that be.  TIME is BAD.  DOING is GOOD.  So everyone
wire up their fact pointers to the zope-skins mailing list and
george can start collecting news for the next news letter.

MOVE NOW WHILE THERE IS MOMENTUM!

cheers,
~runyaga