[ZWeb] REVISIT: Switch zope.org search to google

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:47:37 -0200

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 09:51:49AM -0400, george donnelly wrote:
| Could  the google search be offered as an option when searching? eg using a
| checkbox, while NZO is being completed? Is there a target date for getting
| NZO ready btw?

Yes, there is a target date. But a target date doesnt do nothing by
itself. Im committed to get NZO live and running in around 3 months,
but theres more to it than you could ever imagine. I mean, when we
start actually working on NZO it should be quite fast to get some
wonderful results but until then theres no much we can do.

BTW, someone on this thread pointed out that using Plone would be cool
for NZO. I share the same oppinion, but as everyone can see by the
latest flame wars on zope-cmf and zope-dev there are some people
somewere that would not like the idea, and im sure ZC will probably
not agree to use Plone on Zope.org as this would look like ZC is
sponsoring Plone, which is not true.

[]'s

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>