[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Zope mirroring ?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:33:28 -0500

> > We'd like to consider mirrors after we've migrated to the new
> > zope.org.  At the moment, zope.org being a dynamic site run on Zope,
> > mirroring is unfortunately difficult; there are some ideas of making
> > at least all the downloads easily mirrored.
>
> Hi Guido (i didn't realise you do zope *and* python - any other projects
> i'm going to run into you on when i ask about mirroring ? :-)

No, this is about it.  I do Python in my spare time and Zope for
money. :-)

> Do you have an ETA on the new zope.org ?

Start here:

http://www.zope.org/projects/nzo/ScaledDownNZO

> it would be _really_ nice if
> there was the possibility to also do au.zope.org and so on and to build
> the new site to allow it to be mirrored.  but i can understand if it
> was only the downloads that are mirrorable too.

I suggest that it's up to the community to come up with a way of
making zope.org mirrorable.  You might want to read this thread to get
an idea of what's been said about this before:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2003-January/002183.html