[ZWeb] What are the plans for cmf.zope.org?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:59:01 -0500

george donnelly wrote:
> while we're on this topic, why is there a cmf.zope.org?
>
> If zope.org is going to be run on CMF*, then why is there a cmf site as
> well? I see cmf.zope.org as a neglected ugly duckling and a separation of
> efforts. CMF is just another Zope product. let's unite the two.

There used to be a very good reason for cmf.zope.org: CMF was a new
product that diverged from Zope norms.  It needed to evolve
independently of Zope for a while.  But now, it's well understood and
fairly well regarded throughout the Zope community, so there's no longer
a reason to keep it separated.

IOW, +1 :-)

Shane