[ZWeb] Mirroring Zope.org

Marcus Schopen marcus.schopen@uni-bielefeld.de
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:08:21 +0200

PieterB wrote:
>>>What I'm wondering is if there would be interest of having a
>>>ZEO client running in Europe for the NZO.
>
> +1! on that, I would like to have a http://www.eu.zope.org/

What about a load balancer to make ZEOClients transparent for users?

> Please note that besides a secure ZEO-ZEOClient, also software needs
> to be installed to upload the Apache logfiles, to a central ZC
> server, in order to make statistics of the uses of the various
> machines.
>
> Using logresolvemerge.pl it's quite easy to make several instances of
> awstats, e.g. zope-all, zope-zc, zope-eu, zope-collectors, etc.

Good hints!

O.k. I think here a some people who are interested in more performance
for zope.org and would like to see a European mirror. First question for
me - before go into further technical details - is:

Is there any interest at ZC to support this kind of project? Could
someone figure that out? Andreas?

Cheers,
M.

--
Marcus Schopen        (0>
P.O. Box 10 25 25     //\     Deutsche Zope User Group