[ZWeb] Mirroring Zope.org

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:20:31 +0200 (CEST)

> > +1! on that, I would like to have a http://www.eu.zope.org/
> What about a load balancer to make ZEOClients transparent for users?
I'm not really familiar with current load balancers, but they tend
to distribute the load so that the servers load is balanced. That's
something different than that the clients respons. E.g. if I request
www.zope.org, from europe, I doubt ZC's loadbalancer will direct me to
the european server (because according to ZC's loadbalancer, ZC's
servers have a much better performance).

I think the best way is to use a loadbalancer for a dynamic DNS
(roundrobin+performance based ). That loadbalancer would give different
IP's of www.zope.org (zeo1.zc.zope.org, zeo1.eu.zope.org, etc).

For something like this, you need "Global Server load balancing".
I know Foundry support this:
http://www.foundrynet.com/solutions/appNotes/GSLB.html

Pieter