[ZWeb] "Zope Exits"

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 05:05:45 EDT 2004

Hi Jens,

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I sure don't agree with Chris very often, but in this case I'd like to
> add a resounding...
>
> +1

I think I've just about managed to get up off the floor now ;-)

> The whole issue of "Why does commercial site X get free advertising and
> my commercial site Y does not" is scary. Better to avoid it altogether.

Yeah, unfortunately I omitted the other tricky area:

What happens with sites such as Plone.org? It's a similar argument:
"Why does framework X get free advertising and my framework Y does not"

How does this modified statment sound:

"""
Sites that are centered around supporting the Zope community, are not
centered on one particular vendor or framework and do not exist
primarily to charge for services or content relating to the site.
"""

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk