[ZWeb] Front Page & Other Changes

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 03:17:37 EDT 2004

Mark wrote:
> Because that to me is now how a "community" site should work for one and
> because it seems really unprofessional.
> I don't like quick and dirty.

I don't like total stagnation.
I'm not advocating "quick and dirty" so much as "responsible action"...

> I think you are on shaky ground with that opinion -- take for example:
>
> plone.org

...which doesn't start breaking things down by country, type of event,
etc...

>>> We could then include a box similar to the one on the main page for
>>> News Items which could show a mix of the next
>>> 5 upcoming events (regardless of their type).

How about where the current "blue boxes" in the middle are?
I really like the news where it is now, and I think the new product
releases section below it is more important that events...

> Don't agree with your conclusion. But the previous attempts might now
> have worked. Give me a weekend and I will
> try to graffle something simple.

Okay, just don't expect me to use ti if it gets in the way...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk