[ZWeb] Zope products page checksums

Ken Manheimer klm at zope.com
Tue Sep 7 11:53:14 EDT 2004

I just fielded a request for the checksum of an older version of Zope -
2.6.2 - from someone in a US government agency.  They require the checksum
in order to use the versions.  I took a look at the products page, and see
that some of the software releases have checksums posted but many don't.
More puzzling, the release objects that lack a posted checksum have an _MD5
property set - sometimes to an oddly wrong value, ie with a leading "0" and
an extra "0" 10 or or 15 characters in, but otherwise accurate.

I poked around enough to determine that the swpackage_view (in the custom
skin) uses a 'releases' macro from the swpackage_releases (or something
like that) template - and stopped short of trying to dig up the swpackage
product to see what *it* does to try to get the MD5 sum record.

Short question is, does anyone know why some packages don't show the
checksum, even though they have some setting - and why, in some cases, that
setting is off?  And even more to the point, does anyone have time to delve
in and fix it?

Ken
klm at zope.com