[ZWeb] zope.org 'daily changes' information

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Sep 9 01:35:12 EDT 2004

On Sep 9, 2004, at 6:43, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> I have created a script that collects zope.org change informationon a
> day-to-day basis. You find some result pages at
>
> http://zope.org/Members/d2m/day2day/

Very nice display :)

> It shows a listing of objects, sorted by domain and type, that where
> public available at the end of the day. Please let me know, if you
> would like more/less/other information there.
>
> The script creates a snapshot 'Document' for every single day and
> could easily be run by a cron job.
>
> I would also like to put the pages withing zope.org area (out of my
> member area) and add a link to left navigation-bar - do you have
> suggestions ?

Question: Who is the audience for these listings? I personally like the
list, it's very concise and to-the-point, but other less-technical
people might think differently.

Linking to the listing(s) from the front page somewhere would be a
great idea, too. I just looked at the available categories and can't
quite think of a "good" category for it - Unless you somehow make it
into a "static" part of the news box maybe, it would fit in there.

jens