[ZWeb] "Token 'ATOM' required, 'EOF' found" error in zopeorg

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Mon Jan 24 06:53:06 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:38:38PM +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
| Having had the "pleasure" of trying to make the original implementation
| work I fully agree that Plone by itself is probably not the problem.
| The problems are...
|
| - half-hearted "integration" of the Plone components (it is more or
| less slapped on)

Yes, very likely.

| - faulty migration process that left a large part of the content either
| broken or not integrated (HowTos for example)

It's not that bad. It's only HowTos from the top of my head (and it
happened because of a typo). There aren't much of those. I think less
than 50. There were 150k+ objects migrated sucessfully.

| - badly implemented migration process that migrated within the same
| ZODB with the result that the ZODB itself is damaged (you should seee
| those ZEO server logs, they are scary) and all the old content and
| software is still left in there with everyone too scared to try and
| remove it for fear of hidden dependencies.

I don't believe in damaged or unfixable ZODBs. May Tim Peters prove me
wrong.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

<glyph> The only thing more absurd than the technology of XML is the politics surrounding it.