[ZWeb] "Token 'ATOM' required, 'EOF' found" error in zopeorg

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Jan 24 06:38:38 EST 2005

On Jan 24, 2005, at 12:16, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Doing those steps you will have removed 99% of Plone's functionality
> within the site, pending removal of the software itself and persistent
> objects on the database. And you have no excuse on saying that 'doing
> it all from scratch' is better or easier solution than this.

Having had the "pleasure" of trying to make the original implementation
work I fully agree that Plone by itself is probably not the problem.
The problems are...

- half-hearted "integration" of the Plone components (it is more or
less slapped on)

- faulty migration process that left a large part of the content either
broken or not integrated (HowTos for example)

- badly implemented migration process that migrated within the same
ZODB with the result that the ZODB itself is damaged (you should seee
those ZEO server logs, they are scary) and all the old content and
software is still left in there with everyone too scared to try and
remove it for fear of hidden dependencies.

Removing Plone would not solve much. I'm sorry, this just is *not* a
viable foundation to work with, period. What we have now is duct tape
and bailing wire.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/