[ZWeb] V3 Updated

Andrew Sawyers andrew at sawdog.com
Mon Mar 27 09:16:47 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 08:26 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:
> >> Why should it be on zope.org?
> >
> > Um, because it's useful information about Zope, which is sort of what
> > Zope.org is about?
>
> Well, I don't know if that _is_ what zope.org is about anymore. It's
> been so poor for so long that people have found or created other
> resources and those aren't going to go away even if zope.org did
> suddenly become magically better ;-)
Zope.org shouldn't have any designs to do such.  Good projects which
have stepped up should be rewarded and encouraged.

> > "The Web Site for the Zope Community" (...who are
> > currently discussing Zope at various other places on the web). Thanks
> > for visiting. :)
>
> Well, point taken, but I really think zope.org should be a gateway to
> those existing resources. If, at a later stage, those resources want to
> migrate back to zope.org, then great, but until then, lets leave them be...

I agree, they should be positioned on zope.org as prominent resources.
Zope.org should be about what's in svn.zope.org and the technology.
Excellent docs, good introductory information (i.e. marketing speak) and
downloads for those products in svn.zope.org

All, IMNSHO,
Andrew